Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Day in the Life

Julia slowly woke up to the sweet song of a Blackbird, thinking "Here comes the sun!". She went to the kitchen and her mom greeted her. “Good morning, Good morning, your majesty! Do you want honey pie for breakfast?.By the way I want to tell you, I have to go to the mall, so you have to stay at home and take care of my baby, Michelle! I’l be back soon”. Michelle, Julia's baby sister was running around saying,"Today I am the walrus! And this walrus will sing for you here there, everywhere!”

Julia laughed and remembered the joyful day this little child came into her life. It was Christmas time and after a hard day's night,Dr Robert finally came out of the OT and told Julia, “Hello little girl, you have a baby sister”. She remembered her mom telling her, “Do you Want to know a secret? I am going to call her Michelle!". A beginning to this wonderful sisterhood! Looking at her sister she thought,”Ain’t she sweet!”


Later that day her best friends Anna, Carol and Lucille were at her place. Out of the blue Anna asked Julia,"Why don't you drive my Car?” Carol replied instantly, “You can’t do that, she doesn’t have a permit and we can't leave Michelle alone!" But Anna really wanted to go driving on a long and winding road .So they decided to go to carnival of life, the annual fair and they also took Michelle with them.


Michelle wanted to ride on the hippy hippy shake ride, she wanted some money for it. Julia told her, “I will buy you a ticket to ride it”. Michelle was upset an said, “You never give me  your money "and started crying. In order to pacify her Julia gave her the ticket money and asked her to get back in the line. 

As they were waiting Anna said “I wish there were eight days a week, then I could be in deep golden slumbers the whole day. Julia, the sarcastic one, said "Dream on. I wish to live in strawberry fields
forever. Not going to happen". Lucille replied, “Oh don't be such a balloon-burster! You know what, I wish I were a star, then I would be Lucy in the sky with diamonds". Carol being the practical one said, “I just wanna be a paperback writer and live on the moonlight bay with three cool cats”.

They went to buy a soda from a weird place called Glass Onion. Thats when there was a loud noise and people started running helter skelter and shouting run for your lives!

Julia yelled,"I got to find my baby!”. Anna said, “I saw her standing there!".In spite of all the danger they started looking for Michelle. Lucy shouted, “I think I’ve just seen a face ,may be it was Michelle". But when they went near that girl, a woman came running and shouted, “Keep your hands off my baby!" Julia started crying, waiting, hoping they find her sister. She suddenly remembered how her mother might hate her and say, “I never want to see you again!". Seeing her distress a woman in polica uniform ran up to them. Officer Maggie Mae listened to their woes and quickly asked her partner Officer Johnny B Goode to look around.



A friend of Carol's came up to her and tried to catch her attention. Carol said "Hey Jude! Don’t bother me, I don’t have any time at all to waste!" But Jude replied "Don’t be bad to me, I came to tell you I heard a voice under the yellow submarine ride! They went near it and heard a voice crying out!
Heavy chains had fallen on the ride! Officer Goode he yelled to his colleagues, “John, Paul, George and Ringo,come and get it!". As Michelle’s voice started going down, Julia yelled, “Honey don’t! Don’t be silent, Cry baby cry!". Hearing her sister's voice Michelle found new energy and yelled back "Help! " Julia replied, “It won’t be long, don’t let me down! Just stay calm!”. They worked quickly and removed all the Junk only to found Michelle unconscious. Julia hugged her close and Michelle
opened her eyes. She smiled and said, “I’m only sleeping because I’m so tired and please hold me tight, it felt like a long long long time". Julia sighed with relief and said,"Oh Darling! I’m a loser should have never left you alone. She thought to herself, “With a little help from my friends a great disaster was averted!”

3 comments:

  1. Beatles!

    Blackbird
    Here comes the Sun
    Honey Pie
    I am the Walrus
    Aint she sweet
    Carnival of Life
    A hard day's night
    Long and winding road
    Money
    Golden Slumbers
    Dream On (Not Beatles)
    Eight days a week
    Strawberry Fields
    Lucy in the sky with Diamonds
    On Moonlight Bay
    Paperback writer
    Three cool cats
    Glass Onion
    Keep Your Hands Off My Baby
    I Don't Want To See You Again
    Yellow Submarine
    Hey Jude
    Cry Baby Cry
    Hold me tight
    Dont let me down
    Its been a long long long time

    Do I get a one way ticket to Azerbaijan :P
    Good compilation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here are some more :P (I have a collection of around 300 songs of theirs..any random word can be a beatles song title :P)

    A Day in the Life!
    Julia!
    good morning good morning
    hello little girl
    little child
    i'll be back
    because
    i'm so tired
    i'm only sleeping
    honey dont
    shout?
    You never give me your money
    ticket to ride
    her majesty
    I will
    Maggie mae
    Anna go to him
    I saw her standing there
    chains
    drive my car
    girl
    wait
    run for your life
    Inspite of all the danger
    helter skelter
    dont bother me
    get back
    come and get it
    i'm a loser (:-/)
    Oh darling

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Julia
    2. Blackbird
    3. Here comes the sun
    4. Good morning good morning
    5. Your Majesty
    6. Honey pie
    7. I want to tell you
    8. Michelle
    9. Ain’t she sweet *
    10. I’ll be back
    11. I am the walrus
    12. Here there and everywhere
    13. Little child
    14. Hard day’s night
    15. Dr. Robert
    16. Do you want to know a secret
    17. Anna *
    18. Carol *
    19. Lucille *
    20. Drive my car
    21. You can’t do that
    22. Long and winding road
    23. Carnival of Life
    24. Hippy Hippy Shake *
    25. Money
    26. I will
    27. Ticket to ride
    28. You never give me your money
    29. Get back
    30. Eight days a week
    31. Golden slumbers
    32. Strawberry fields forever
    33. Lucy in the sky with diamonds
    34. Paperback writer
    35. Mr. Moonlight (?) *
    36. Three Cool Cats *
    37. Glass onion
    38. Helter skelter
    39. Run for your life
    40. I saw her standing there
    41. In spite of all the danger ***
    42. I’ve just seen a face
    43. Girl
    44. Maggie Mae
    45. Johnny B Goode*
    46. Hey Jude
    47. Don’t bother me
    48. Don’t be bad *
    49. I want to tell you (?)
    50. Yellow Submarine
    51. Chains
    52. Honey don’t
    53. Cry baby cry
    54. Help!
    55. Don’t let me down
    56. I’m only sleeping
    57. I’m so tired
    58. Hold me tight
    59. Long, long, long
    60. Oh darling
    61. I’m a loser
    62. With a little help from my friends


    • * Cover versions of other’s songs, not songs by the Beatles
    • (?) Not exactly quoted in the article
    • ** written as the Quarrymen

    And this is where I gave up. btw, you can't include non-Beatles song! Not fair!
    Good one though! You missed an obvious song which sat right in your storyline: "Your Mother Should Know"!

    So, is there a prize for this thing?

    ReplyDelete